Legacy dance troupes, international vocal ensembles and pop tributes are just some of the guest artists coming to the McAninch Arts Center at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn for its 2022-23 season.
Here’s a list of upcoming shows at McAninch’s 780-seat Belushi Performance Hall:
• ‘Fastlove: A Tribute to George Michael’, 7.30pm Saturday 17 September: The late British pop music star is celebrated in this revue featuring Wham! and successes in a solo career. $39 to $65.
The Soweto Gospel Choir of South Africa perform their “HOPE – It’s Been A Long Time Coming” tour at the McAninch Arts Center at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn on Friday, September 30.
– Courtesy Di Nozzi Lorenzo
• Soweto Gospel Choir: “HOPE — It’s Been A Long Time Coming”, 7:30 p.m. Friday, September 30: The three-time Grammy Award-winning ensemble pays tribute to American and South African artists who have championed the struggles for civil rights and social justice. $55 to $65.
• Mariachi Herencia De México: “Cuando México Canta” (When Mexico Sings) with special guest Lupita Infante, 3 p.m. Sunday, October 2: Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with the Latin Grammy-nominated Chicago mariachi ensemble and the guest singer. $42 to $55.
• “The Doo Wop Project,” 3 p.m. Sunday, October 9: Stars of hit Broadway musicals trace the evolution of doo wop from five guys singing tight harmonies in the 1950s to radio hits today . $43 to $63.
• Giordano Dance Chicago: 60th Anniversary Season, 7:30 pm Saturday, October 15: America’s original jazz dance company and hometown institution celebrates six decades of creativity and movement. $49 to $55.
• Pat Tomasulo, 7:30 pm Saturday, November 5: The WGN Morning News presenter shares his passion for stand-up comedy. $29 to $39.
• The Second City: “Unconventional Holiday Revue,” 5 and 8 p.m. Saturday, December 10, and “The Best of The Second City,” 5 and 8 p.m., Saturday, February 11: Chicago’s own comedy institution performs two suburban tours ridiculing the holiday season and sharing classic sketches. $30 to $48.
• VOCTAVE: “Spirit of the Season,” 7 pm, Sunday, December 11: An 11-member a cappella ensemble sings holiday favorites. $65 to $75.
Pilobolus returns as part of the 2022-23 McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage season. The modern dance troupe commemorates its 50th anniversary and appears in Glen Ellyn on Sunday February 5, 2023.
– Courtesy of Gil Vaknin
• Pilobolus: “Big Five-Oh!” 7:30 p.m. Sunday February 5, 2023: The innovative contemporary dance company performs a mix of vintage and visionary repertoire works. $55 to $65.
• Jazz at Lincoln Center Presents: “Songs We Love,” 4:00 p.m., Sunday, February 19, 2023: Guest singers join the New York-based ensemble to perform early 20th-century jazz songs. $50 to $60.
• MALEVO, 7:30 p.m., Saturday, February 25, 2023: The “America’s Got Talent” semi-finalists are an all-male percussive dance group inspired by the traditional Argentinian folk dance of Malambo. $58 to $63.
• Dublin Irish Dance: “Wings: A Celtic Celebration of Dance”, at 3 p.m., Sunday, February 26, 2023: Irish dancers and world champions are presented alongside virtuosos of Celtic music and voice. $48 to $59.
• “Who pirated my fairy tale?” with Kelly Swanson, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 13, 2023: An adults-only take on classic fairy tales from an award-winning storyteller and comedian. $30 to $40.
Jazz at Lincoln Center Presents: “Songs We Love” as part of the College of DuPage’s McAninch Arts Center 2022-23 season. The jazz ensemble travels to Glen Ellyn on Sunday, February 19, 2023.
– Courtesy of Frank Stewart
• Glenn Miller’s Famous Orchestra, 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 14, 2023: Listen to big band hits including “In the Mood,” “Moonlight Serenade” and more. $37-$48.
These guest productions join the previously announced 2022-2023 seasons of the New Philharmonic and the Buffalo Theater Ensemble, two professional companies in residence at the McAninch Arts Center. A major exhibition related to 20th century pop artist Andy Warhol has also been announced for the Cleve Carney Museum of Art from June 3 to September 10, 2023.
Subscriptions to three or more shows are on sale to renewing subscribers and will go on sale to the general public at noon on Wednesday, June 22. Single tickets will go on sale in person at 11 a.m. Saturday, August 6 at the box office, 425 Fawell Boulevard, Glen Ellyn. Individual ticket sales online or by phone begin at noon on Tuesday, August 9. For more details, call (630) 942-4000 or visit atthemac.org.