The Office of Special Education Services will be sponsoring virtual parent trainings in conjunction with Region 4 to facilitate parent engagement. The first virtual training is scheduled for September 22, 2022.
During the school year, the following topics will be presented on the second Thursday of each month, unless otherwise specified:
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards: Overview for Parents
- A Parent’s Guide to the ARD Process
- Special Education 101
- Behavioral support
- Content of the IEP
- Child search and referral process
- Services for visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing students
- Introduction to Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- How to Partner with Your Child During the School Year/Community and Statewide Resources
- Provide structure at home during breaks
- Twice Outstanding Students
There will be sign language interpreters throughout the presentation and there will be Spanish interpretation for the Q&A portion. Spanish-speaking parents will have access to live Spanish subtitles during the trainings.
Please log in and register for the training using the following link: https://region4parenttrainings.sched.com/